Sunday, October 12

Some stuff...

Ok, I have a few minutes to quickly get some stuff on here! :)

One of my friends took me to the COOLEST baby boutique I've ever set foot in! I have been to a few here in Ourtown and after the fourth one I called Mom and asked her what about me would bring out the "snotty" in boutique sales clerks, because they all seem to be thick with attitude. I had one lady tell me I could change The SB in the clothes changing room but "not to leave the dirty diaper in there". I was appalled. Seriously....do I look like a rude, irresponsible, selfish type of person who would leave a dirty diaper in a boutique's dressing room!?! Sigh...I haven't been back there. Anyway....we went to this boutique because they were listed as a store that sells our beloved Ju Ju Be diaper bags and they said over the phone they had "quite the stash" and neither of us had seen a "stash" of JJB diaper bags!

After being in the store for less than five minutes, MamaHuskerFan said, "This is like your mothership!" And wow was she right!!! They had a ton of JJB diaper bags, BabyLegs, baby slings and carriers and cloth diapers, and swaddle blankets and all sorts of other fun baby stuff that I love to look at. We spent a long time drooling over the diaper bags and admiring the different styles we hadn't seen before and the patterns we hadn't seen before and sharing with the sales clerks what we loved about JJBs and how they really are the best diaper bag on the market and worth the seemingly high price tags.

The sales clerks were all wonderful! They were sweet, friendly, attentive but not pushy...it was awesome! Initially I thought it was odd that the boutique was attached to a lactation consulting "business". Then, one of the founders of this little set up explained it....MilkWorks is a non profit organization whose goal is to help mamas breastfeed and overcome obstacles in breastfeeding and also to connect moms together for support groups, play dates, etc. BabyWorks is the boutique and the proceeds from there go to support MilkWorks!

There were a few women who founded it together, and for the life of me I can't remember the lady's name I was talking to! But she asked me about my Ergo Baby Carrier and said they were going to be getting some Beco Baby Carriers in.

Ok, this blog entry is going to be cut short because my cousin just told me about a show coming on that I have to watch:

http://www.foxnews.com/hannitysamerica/

Documentary on Obama's early years....I'll get back to MilkWorks later...

2 comments:

  1. ugh. so sorry to interrupt this blog for the un-newsworthy show last night. it wasn't even worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, that's ok....we had no way of knowing. I claim false advertising on Fox's part! lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment...let's chat. :)