I'm sitting here wrapped up in a throw that used to belong to my Gram.
It came in a box today that Mom sent me. I had forgotten she was sending it to me, but I was expecting the au jus mix, remote caddy, toy for The SB, birthday card and camera....but when I opened the box and saw this throw on top, I immediately knew what it was....I picked it up, buried my face in it and sobbed.
Gram has been gone for more than ten years now but I don't miss her any less. I won't ever get to hug her again, but being wrapped up in a blanket that belonged to her is a nice feeling. I think about her a lot, especially because I know my mom would give nearly anything to be able to tell Gram all about Mom's grandbabies.
She has missed some exciting things in my life, but anytime something extraordinary or special happens, I think about her and how fun it would be to share those moments with my little Gram...
Monday, October 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I can relate Terri Rae. I was recently going through a box of my things and came across a letter that my grandmother had written me as a small girl. I bawled. My grandmother passed away when I was in highschool, but I still think of her and miss her. I too can't help but be a little sad that she is missing out on great grandkids... but, I know she is watching from heaven and one day I'll get to see her again :).
ReplyDelete