Part of what I was thinking about was how incredible some of the blogs I've been reading are and how incredible the faith of the bloggers and the testimonies in their lives...and what in the world do I have to say that even compares??
I read in awe about Confessions of a CF Husband and the summary. My cousin had mentioned that page before but I hadn't spent much time reading...and I wish I had then! It's a blog about incredible faith in the midst of trials and God-only blessings and miracles through all of it!
I cried as I read about MckMama on My Charming Kids and her most recent doctor appointment. I am amazed at her faith and transparency through such a scary pregnancy. I don't know them, she has no idea who I am, but I bought one of the Stellan Will Live bracelets because I want a reminder to pray for that mama and that incredibly loved unborn baby Stellan every time I look at my wrist.
My wrist already has a prayer reminder on it...it's a green lymphoma awareness bracelet. Initially I got it because of a dear friend of mine...an adopted nephew of sorts....who is battling this ugly disease. Caleb just celebrated his 20th birthday in the midst of chemo treatments. And a couple months ago, this bracelet took on more meaning when my only living grandpa was diagnosed with Waldendonstroms Macroglobulinemia which is a very very rare form of lymphoma. And then within the last month I also learned that one of my aunts is battling another form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma. A year ago I didn't even know what lymphoma was and now I know more about it than I ever wanted to...
Rambling on a happier note....The SB is 7 months old today. :) What an incredible little blessing he is in our life!! I sing "You are My Sunshine" to him at least once every day and he lights up in a huge grin...but I don't think he knows that I mean those words. In the midst of tough days, worn out days, stressful days, or sad days....it just takes a look at that gorgeous baby boy and I see hope and the future and innocense and trust and happiness and learning...I see sunshine! :)
BD, The SB and I had a great evening together. I am so blessed by my family. We're far from perfect and we have our struggles, but at the end of the day, we have each other and there's comfort in that.
Well, as I look at the clock I know that if The SB decides to wake up sometime tonight I'm going to be very unhappy that I didn't fall asleep when I went to bed over an hour ago....so I'm going to go try again!
Be blessed,
Teri Rae



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment...let's chat. :)