Thursday, December 11

I went with the Little Black Dress

Many of you know I had a big debate on which dress to wear for the Nutcracker. It has been a while since I've been dress shopping like this. Last year the only dress I needed was for the STRATCOM Ball and I was pregnant, so my options were Motherhood Maternity which had two or maybe three to choose from, tops...makes choosing a dress very easy.

My situation this year is a little different. :-) JC Penney was having a phenomenal sale on their holiday dresses so I took The SB there and met up with Lucy and KJBeth. We were there for three or maybe even four hours! Yiiiiikes! That's a LOT of dress-trying-on!! The SB was SO good. He started to lose his joy towards the end, but so did I. ha ha ha

I must have tried on at least 20 dresses and had it narrowed to three that I couldn't choose between. A gorgeous silver dress (that I had to go to another JCP to get in the right size...), a satin little black dress or a black and gold lace overlay dress. I loved the silver one for this occasion, the black one because it seemed to be the most flattering, and Lucy preferred the lace overlay. I got all three of them to bring home and try on and see what BigDaddy thought and then had plans to return the other two.

I tried them on and had him take pictures (which I later deleted because...well....I wasn't excited about how they looked. ha!) and he said the silver was the least flattering, the black one was "boring" and the lace overlay was the best of the three.

I looked at the pictures and sadly agreed about the silver one. It had kind of a square shaped top that made me look....well...square. But between the other two, I preferred the little black dress.

So...I put the pictures up in the Ju Ju Be Pink Room (yep, that's the diaper bag board community of moms and other JJB fans) and asked for their opinions. :)

The little black dress won in a landslide.

I tried them all on again. Still WANTED the silver one to be the best, but it just doesn't work on me. :( Sad. Such a gorgeous dress! The lace overlay fit very well, but I just didn't love it. :( Back to the little black dress.

(Can you believe all of this over what dress to wear to a ballet matinee?? I'm nuts).

And then when BigDaddy's family came out, I tried them all on for Granny M, knowing I could trust her honest opinion. AND the little black dress won hands down!

Little black dress it is...and because of the sale I got around 60% off!!! It almost feels wrong to spend so little on such a nice satin dress...ALMOST. ha ha

So, here it is, with a little cropped sweater jacket and 4" gorgeous sparkly stiletto heels I vowed NEVER to wear again after my toes went numb from walking in them at the ballet...

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful!! Great choice! And I really love the black heels. A little loss of feeling in your toes are worth it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment...let's chat. :)